If you are trying to make an appointment with me for (under-graduate) advising, please go to meetme.so/Ceberio and suggest three 15-minute time slots among the times that are NOT shown busy, at least 2 business days in advance. Also, please make sure that you are making time suggestions on Mountain Standard Time.
- CoProD’17 workshop to be held in Uppsala, Sweden, on September 25, 2016.
- NAFIPS’16, Annual conference of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, to be held at UTEP, Oct. 31 to Nov. 4.
- Current projects on:
- reduced-order modeling of large computationally-intensive problems (a project of Stanford’s Army High-Performance Computing Research Center — funded by ARL)
- global optimization and constraint solving (NSF CAREER project)
- combinatorial testing: t-wise covering test suites
- Previous projects on:
- prediction of experts’ decisions using Choquet integral and optimization, as well as argumentation networks and soft constraints (with Stefano Bistarelli, Uni. Perugia, Italy — funded by AAAS)
- a Virtual GeoCaching Game
My main research areas are:
- Solution of large nonlinear systems via Model-Order Reduction and Interval Constraint Solving
- Optimization: global, local, and robust algorithms
- Continuous constraint solving: symbolic-numeric algorithms aiming at enhancing the solving process, flexible/soft constraints
- Interval computations: more accurate evaluation of interval functions, handling uncertainty
- Multi-criteria decision making, and decision under uncertainty, combination with interval computations
- Applications of constraints and optimization: e.g., bio-medical engineering, computer security, software engineering
- Others: non-square interval matrices, tensors
For a more complete description of my work on these topics, visit the research section of this website or the website of my research group: CR2G.
Other web resources:
- Constraint Research and Reading Group (CR2G): website of my research group
- Constraint Solving: website about constraints where you can find tutorials on constraints, soft constraints, a list of conferences related to constraints, a list of people doing research in constraint-related areas, a guide about constraint solvers, etc.
For all students in need of help regarding time management, please take 5 minutes to visit this link to a time management diagnostic tool.
The documents for my tenure application (2011-2012) are available on this website (under “misc”).